Summary The ISPR said the documentary was an attempt to distort facts and relied on film-style presentation rather than the operational record of the conflict.
RAWALPINDI (Dunya News) - Pakistan has rejected an Indian documentary portraying Operation Sindoor, accusing New Delhi of attempting to rewrite the events of last year’s conflict and present a favourable account of its military actions.
In a statement, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said India had failed to acknowledge what Pakistan described as its defeat and was instead attempting to give the operation a “desired colour” through an emotional and cinematic narrative.
The ISPR said the documentary was an attempt to distort facts and relied on film-style presentation rather than the operational record of the conflict.
Questioning India’s stated justification for Operation Sindoor, the military’s media wing said the alleged perpetrators of the Pahalgam attack were killed on July 28, raising questions over India’s claim that its May 7 military action was carried out as retaliation for the attack.
“The Indian claim of declaring Operation Sindoor as revenge for Pahalgam contradicts its own narrative,” the ISPR said, while also rejecting India’s assertion of achieving “100 percent mission success.”
The Pakistani military said that during what it referred to as the “Battle of Haq,” Pakistan had repelled Indian aggression and claimed that eight Indian military aircraft were shot down.
It further claimed that 26 Indian military targets were struck during Pakistan’s Operation Bunyan-un-Marsoos. The ISPR said cinematic depictions could not change the actual losses and operational outcomes of the conflict. “Film scenes cannot change the loss of aircraft and the real war facts,” the statement said.
The military also argued that Pakistan had no need to fabricate a narrative about the conflict, saying that war records, diplomatic contacts and statements from Indian officials provided their own account of events.
The ISPR reiterated that Pakistan remained committed to regional peace and stability but said the country’s armed forces were fully prepared to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
It warned that any future military “adventure” would receive a decisive response from Pakistan.
The latest statement comes amid continued competing narratives by India and Pakistan over the military confrontation.
