Summary Death toll from a drone strike on a college and hostel in Starobilsk rose to 16, officials said.
MOSCOW (Shahid Ghumman) - The death toll from a drone strike on a college and hostel in Starobilsk, located in the Luhansk People's Republic, has risen to 16, according to Russian authorities.
A spokesperson for Russia’s Emergency Ministry said four more children’s bodies had been recovered from the rubble, bringing the total number of fatalities to 16.
Russian officials reported that 42 people were injured in the attack, while at least five individuals are still believed to be trapped beneath the debris.
According to Russian authorities, Ukrainian forces targeted the vocational college of Luhansk Pedagogical University and its hostel with drones during the night of May 22.
Officials said 86 students, aged between 14 and 18, were inside the building at the time of the strike.
Rescue teams continue to clear the rubble and search for missing persons, while the injured have been transferred to hospitals for treatment.
Russia strongly condemned the attack, describing it as a “dangerous terrorist act” against civilian and educational facilities.
The casualty figures, attribution of responsibility and characterisation of the incident are based on statements by Russian authorities and have not been independently verified.
