Iran will not bow to threats or pressure, says President Pezeshkian

Iran will not bow to threats or pressure, says President Pezeshkian
Updated on

Summary The Iranian president claimed that the United States had already tried imposing war on Iran but achieved nothing except failure

TEHRAN (Web Desk) - Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has strongly reacted to alleged war threats by US President Donald Trump, saying Iran will neither bow to pressure, intimidation, or threats nor compromise on its security and sovereignty.

According to Iranian media, addressing a gathering on Monday, Pezeshkian said the enemy had failed to force Iran to surrender within a short period, and was now attempting to create divisions between the Iranian people and the government.

He said Iran would not be intimidated by American pressure and would stand firm on its position.

The Iranian president claimed that the United States had already tried imposing war on Iran but achieved nothing except failure.

Also Read: Mohsin Naqvi holds high-level talks in Tehran seeking restoration of Iran-US dialogue

He said efforts were now being made to create discord between the Iranian leadership and the public, but stressed that the Iranian nation remained united and would continue to stay united.

Criticizing the United States and Israel, Pezeshkian said countries claiming to champion human rights were remaining silent over violations of international law.

Referring to the situation in Gaza, he said the international community’s response reflected double standards.

He further stated that Iran would not return to the negotiating table until its core demands — particularly conditions related to ending the naval blockade — were accepted.

He made it clear that Tehran had no intention of backing down from its demands in efforts to resolve the dispute with Washington.