Altaf Hussain's life is in serious danger: MQM
Mutahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain says conspiracies are being hatched against him.
KARACHI (Dunya News) – A statement issued by the coordination committee of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Thursday said that life of Altaf Hussain is in a serious danger.
A message of the party chief has also been issued by the coordination committee.
In his message, Altaf Hussain said that false allegations were being leveled against him on international level and a conspiracy had been hatched to file baseless cases against him.
The MQM chief said that he continued his mission despite the hardships and imprisonment in past but never bowed before any pressure and will never bow before any foreign pressure.
Altaf Hussain directed the MQM’s coordination committee, elected representatives and workers to take his message seriously.
He urged the party workers to continue his mission and follow his true ideology in case of any harm to his life.
Altaf directed the party workers to remain vigilant and continue MQM’s mission in a responsible way.
Later, addressing a press conference at party’s headquartering ‘Nine-Zero’ in Karachi, members of the MQM’s coordination committee defended Altaf Hussain and said that a media trial was being orchestrated against him.
It is worth mentioning here that the UK police has sought Pakistan’s help in tracing out two suspects believed to be involved in the murder of MQM senior leader Imran Farooq while the metropolitan police sealed several bank accounts of MQM for not paying taxes.
MQM leader Imran Farooq was stabbed outside his home in Edgware, London, close to the Pakistani political party s international HQ in 2010.
According to details, UK prosecutors have asked Pakistan to trace two suspects believed to have been involved in the 2010 murder of Imran Farooq.
Documents obtained by BBC Newsnight name the suspects as Mohsin Ali Syed and Mohammed Kashif Khan Kamran.
They are believed to be in Pakistani custody but not under formal arrest.
The investigation into Farooq s murder has seen more than 4,000 people interviewed, but so far the only person arrested in the case has been Iftikhar Hussain, the nephew of MQM s London-based leader Altaf Hussain.
Meanwhile, the UK metropolitan police have sealed several bank accounts of MQM while investigation over the non-payment of taxes has been formally launched.