(Web Desk) – Media reports on Thursday believed that the IPL franchise Kolkata Knight Riders and PSL 2017 triumphant Peshawar Zalmi will play a three-match series. However, managements of both teams have rejected the speculations.
Two-time Indian Premier League winner KKR claimed the reports to be false and said that no such offer had been made by KKR owner Shah Rukh Khan to the Peshawar Zalmi.
KKR twitter page cleared the air on the matter and said:
KKR won t be playing any unauthorized games/leagues as some false reports are claiming.— KolkataKnightRiders (@KKRiders) March 9, 2017
No such communication happened from our end.
CEO of Kolkata Knight Riders Venky Mysore also denied the reports about upcoming three-match series between Peshawar Zalmi and KKR. The renowned Indian team shared a post on social media saying, "no such communication happened from our end".
Similarly, owner of the PSL 2 champions Javed Afridi tweeted that there was nothing true about the reports. The Peshawar Zalmi CEO expressed a positive message for peace and denied any such communication between the two franchises.
KKR CEO even told Indian media that the Bollywood’s King Khan was not even aware of any league called PSL happening in UAE or Pakistan as he had been busy working during the past days.
Some media reports also state that the Peshawar Zalmi CEO had earlier confirmed the matter and then rejected all reports after clarification from the Indian end.