At least sixteen persons were killed including seven children, three woman and two men while 70 others were injured in a powerful bomb blast at a village in Mian Channu Monday morning. Four people who were seriously injured also could not survive as they passed out today. District health officer (DHO) Khanewal Dr Muhammad Yousuf Soomra told media that the death toll could rise further as the rubble of collapsed buildings was being dug out to find out any survivors and the dead. He said emergency had been declared at tehsil headquarters hospital Mian Channu where all dead bodies and the injured victims had been shifted. Local people said that daughter of Riaz would teach at the adjacent religious school and the bomb blast occurred minutes after the end of her class. Further investigations were under way.