Sehar Time Ramadan 5
Lahore
LHR
05:15 AM
Karachi
KHI
05:42 AM
Islamabad
ISB
05:19 AM
Peshawar
PWR
05:26 AM
Quetta
QTA
05:45 AM
Ramadan Pedia

Starc out of second ODI due to injury

Dunya News

Mitchell Starc had some mild right calf soreness after the match at the MCG last night.

 

SYDNEY: Australia fast bowler Mitchell Starc has been ruled out of Sunday s second one-day international against Sri Lanka due to calf soreness, the country s cricket board said on Saturday.

 

Starc was the latest addition to a long list of injured pacemen during the summer which has forced Cricket Australia (CA) to adopt a rotation policy to reduce players  workload.

 

Pacemen James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus and all-rounder Shane Watson have all suffered injuries in the last year forcing them to miss matches for Australia.

 

CA said Starc s injury was not a serious one and the selectors have called up uncapped fast bowler Kane Richardson as Starc s cover for Adelaide.

 

"Mitchell Starc had some mild right calf soreness after the match at the MCG last night," CA physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said in a statement.

 

"Whilst we are not majorly concerned about it, we have withdrawn him from the game on Sunday as a precaution.

 

"He will be reassessed over the next few days and is a possibility to play next weekend s ... matches against Sri Lanka if his symptoms resolve."

 

Australia lead the five-ODI series 1-0 after a thumping 107-run win in the opening match in Melbourne.