Imad Wasim announces second marriage months after divorce from Sania Ashfaq
Entertainment
Pakistani cricketer Imad Wasim confirms second marriage after his divorce from Sania Ashfaq, shares personal statement and seeks privacy.
KARACHI (Dunya News) – Pakistani cricketer Imad Wasim has announced his second marriage, weeks after publicly confirming his divorce from Sannia Ashfaq, ending their six-year union.
In a detailed personal statement, the all-rounder reflected on his previous marriage, took responsibility for regrets, and described his children as his “greatest blessings”.
.jpg)
Imad Wasim said the marriage officially ended in late December 2025 after years of unresolved conflict. He also addressed the public criticism directed at his former wife, stating that he accepts responsibility for aspects that led to public backlash against her. He asked supporters and media to show compassion and allow both families space.
The cricketer confirmed he has now married influencer and lawyer Nyla Raja. According to his statement, the decision was made thoughtfully and with his parents’ guidance, with the intention of building a stable and peaceful home. Short video clips circulating online show the couple at a private cake-cutting ceremony, which has since drawn mixed reactions on social media.
Ufff I can't believe this
— Muqadas Farooq Awan (@muqadasawann) February 16, 2026
عماد وسیم کی دوسری شادی pic.twitter.com/u0M73TmcYh
In his latest message, the left-handed all-rounder reiterated his request for privacy and compassion, saying personal matters involving families and children should not be turned into public spectacle.
Last December, Imad Wasim and Sania Ashfaq announced their divorce in separate social media posts. Wasim first shared that he had filed for divorce due to long-standing disputes that could not be resolved. He requested the public to respect their privacy, stop sharing old couple photographs, and refrain from referring to Ashfaq as his spouse going forward.
— Imad Wasim (@simadwasim) December 28, 2025
He also warned against what he described as misleading narratives and said he would pursue legal options in cases of defamation. Addressing concerns about his children, he stated that he would continue to fulfil his responsibilities as a father.
Ashfaq, in her statement posted about two hours later, said the separation followed deep personal distress and alleged mistreatment. She claimed the involvement of a “third party” who intended to marry Wasim was the final blow to an already strained relationship.
Ashfaq, mother of three children including a five-month-old infant at the time of her post, wrote that her home had been broken and her children left without their father’s presence. She said she had remained committed to preserving the marriage despite ongoing difficulties.
Her statement included allegations of emotional torment, abandonment during pregnancy, and an abortion, along with claims that she possessed documented evidence supporting her accusations. She also alleged she had been threatened against sharing details publicly and said any intimidation would be addressed through legal channels.
She described her decision to speak publicly as a matter of principle rather than revenge, saying she was standing up for herself, her children, and other women pressured to remain silent in difficult marriages. She added that the matter remained legally contested and that the truth would emerge through proper proceedings.