PESHAWAR (Dunya News) – Independent candidates are leading with six seats in the first-ever provincial elections for 16 general seats in the seven tribal districts and six towns of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), according to unofficial results published by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Sunday.
The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has emerged victorious in five constituencies, according to the unofficial results so far. JUIF bagged three seats while both JI and ANP secured one seat. ECP has announced the unofficial results of all 16 constituencies.
Among those fielded by different parties, Jamat-e-Islami (JI) and Awami National Party (ANP) have won one seat each and Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) have won two seats, whereas Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) couldn’t grab any of the seats.
- On PK-100 Bajaur-I, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate Anwar Zeb Khan has been declared as winner with 12,951 votes.
- On PK-101 Bajaur-II, the ECP has declared Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate Ajmal Khan as winning candidate with 12,194 votes.
- On PK-102 Bajaur-III, the ECP has declared Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan’s (JIP) candidate Siraj Uddin as winner with 19,088 votes.
- On PK-103 Mohmand-I, Awami National Party’s (ANP) candidate Nisar Ahmed has been declared as winning candidate with 11,247 votes.
- On PK-104 Mohmand-II, Independent candidate Abbas-ur-Rehman has been declared as winning candidate with 11,751 votes.
- On PK-105 Khyber-I, the ECP has declared Independent candidate Shafiq Afridi as winner with 19,733 votes.
- On PK-106 Khyber-II, independent candidate Bilawal Afridi has been declared as winner with 12,814 votes.
- On PK-107 Khyber-III, Independent candidate Muhammad Shafiq has been declared as winner with 9,796 votes.
- On PK-108 Kurram-I, the ECP has declared Jamiat-e-Ulema Islam (JUI-F) candidate Muhammad Riaz as winner with 11,948 votes.
- On PK-109 Kurram-II, the ECP has declared Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate Saeed Iqbal Mian as winning candidate with 39,536 votes.
- On PK-110 Orakzai, the ECP has declared Independent candidate Ghazi Azan Jamal as winner with 18,448 votes.
- On PK-111 North Waziristan-I, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate Muhammad Iqbal Khan has been declared as winner with 10,200 votes.
- On PK-112 North Waziristan, the ECP has declared Independent candidate Mir Kalam Khan as winner with 12,057 votes.
- On PK-113 South Waziristan, the ECP has declared Jamiat-e-Ulema Islam (JUI-F) candidate Hafiz Asam-u-din as winner with 10,356 votes.
- On PK-114 South Waziristan-II, the ECP has declared Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) candidate Naseer Ullah Khan as winner with 11,114 votes.
- On PK-115 Ex Frontier Regions, the ECP has declared Jamiat-e-Ulema Islam (JUI-F) candidate Muhammad Shoaib as winner with 18,128 votes.
In total, 285 candidates, including two women, contested for the 16 seats of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly to represent three constituencies each of Bajaur (PK-100 to 102) and Khyber (PK-105 to 107) districts; two each of Mohmand (PK-103 and 104), Kurram (PK-108 and 109), North Waziristan (PK-111 and 112) and South Waziristan (PK-113 and 114); and one each of Orakzai (PK-110) district and ex-Frontier regions (PK-115).
Besides the nominees of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F), Awami National Party (ANP), Pakistan Peoples Party- Parliamentarians (PPP-P), Jamaat-i-Islami (JI), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and Qaumi Watan Party (QWP), several independent candidates contested the polls.