DNA test report of bomber would be handed over to Nadra officials as well.

LAHORE (Dunya News) – National Database and Registration Authority (Nadra) has no record of alleged suicide bomber of Lahore park blast that claimed lives of 76 people and left more than 300 injured.

A sketch made after getting assistance from eye witnesses was forwarded to Nadra after which the department said no man with the similar face has been found yet however, the search is still underway.

Banned organization Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a faction of the Taliban, which once declared loyalty to the "Islamic State" movement (IS) had claimed the responsibility for the suicide attack and released a picture of the suspect.




Picture of alleged suicide bomber released by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar


Police said that some body parts of the attacker have been sent to forensic science agency for further proceedings while the DNA test report would be handed over to Nadra officials as well.

The report will be sent to Nadra after getting approval from senior investigation personnel and provincial government.

Earlier on Sunday evening, at least 76 people were killed and hundreds injured, many of them children, when a suicide bomber blew himself up in Lahore’s Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park.