Arrangements are being made for the team to leave the country.

LAHORE (Dunya News) – New Zealand on Friday pulled out of their cricket series against Pakistan over security concerns just minutes after the first one-day international was due to start.

The move is a massive setback to Pakistan, which has been trying to revive tours by foreign sides after home internationals were suspended in the aftermath of a terror attack on the Sri Lankan side in 2009.

"Following an escalation in the New Zealand Government threat levels for Pakistan, and advice from (New Zealand Cricket) security advisors on the ground, it has been decided the BLACKCAPS will not continue with the tour," New Zealand Cricket said in a statement.

Arrangements are being made for the team to leave the country.

New Zealand Cricket chief executive David White said Pakistan had been "wonderful hosts", but "player safety is paramount and we believe this is the only responsible option".

The Kiwis are in Pakistan for the first time since 2003 and were due to play three ODIs, followed by five Twenty20 matches.

With the postponement of series between Pakistan and New Zealand, several eminent personalities, including politicians and players took to Twitter to convey their reaction on the postponement.

Here are some reactions to the series being postponed: