Security forces eliminate 22 terrorists in North Waziristan operation

Security forces eliminate 22 terrorists in North Waziristan operation
Updated on

Summary The military’s media wing stated that 22 Indian-sponsored militants had been killed during exchanges of fire with security forces over the past 24 hours

RAWALPINDI (Dunya News) - The security forces eliminated 22 militants during an operation in North Waziristan.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), security forces carried out an operation in the Shewa district of North Waziristan after receiving intelligence reports regarding the presence of militants.

The military’s media wing stated that 22 Indian-sponsored militants had been killed during exchanges of fire with security forces over the past 24 hours.

Weapons and ammunition were also recovered from the slain militants, who were reportedly involved in multiple terrorist activities in the area.

Also Read: PM Shehbaz says Operation Ghazab-ul-Haq continues with full force

The ISPR further said that a clearance operation is ongoing to eliminate any remaining militants present in the region.

Earlier, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) and Chief of Defence Forces (CDF) Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir has reiterated that hostile forces attempting to undermine Pakistan’s progress through proxies and propaganda will ultimately fail in the face of the state’s resilience and the unity of its people.

Interacting with officers and troops of formations deployed in Balochistan during his visit to Quetta Garrison on Tuesday, the COAS emphasized that Pakistan’s destined rise cannot be obstructed through propaganda, fake news or externally sponsored terrorism, said a news release issued Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).

Browse Topics