Sources told that the ministry has received 335,353 applications so far.

ISLAMABAD (APP) - Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony will hold a draw on Friday for selection of pilgrims for the Hajj, 2017 under the government scheme.

According to sources, the ministry has received 335,353 applications so far under the new rules designated by government.

The successful applicants would be informed through letters and text messages, whereas the results of successful candidates would also be available at www.mora.gov.pk and www.hajjinfo.org.

Earlier, minister for Religious Affairs and Inter-Faith Harmony, Sardar Muhammad Yousaf had announced approval of the Hajj Policy 2017 by the federal cabinet.

He said that the cabinet has restored the previous quota of Hajj whereas 179,210 pilgrims is expected to be divided in a 60/40 ratio between the government and private Hajj operators.

Muhammad Yousaf laid out that no person would be sent on the pilgrimage free-of-cost. He also said applicants who have performed Hajj during the last seven years will not be eligible to apply this year under the government scheme.

Likewise, for private Hajj schemes, the limit is restricted to the last five years.