DUNYA NEWS
Live
World

Iran rejects UAE missile accusation, warns against unfounded claims

Updated on:

Baghaei said any such action would run counter to the principle of good neighbourly relations and would undermine ongoing efforts to build trust among regional states and prevent a further escalation

Iran's Foreign Ministry has rejected accusations from the United Arab Emirates that it fired missiles at the country, with spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei calling the claims unfounded and warning they risk destabilising the region further.

Speaking on Wednesday, Baghaei said any such action would run counter to the principle of good neighbourly relations and would undermine ongoing efforts to build trust among regional states and prevent a further escalation of insecurity. He urged all parties to refrain from levelling unfounded accusations against Iran.

The spokesman framed the denial within a broader narrative of regional instability, pointing to what he characterised as the continued malicious conduct of the United States and Israel toward regional peace and security. He specifically referenced a pattern of alleged false flag operations in recent years, suggesting Tehran views the UAE's accusation as part of that pattern rather than an isolated incident.

The exchange follows the UAE's announcement earlier this week that it had suspended all trade, commercial and financial transactions with Iran, a move Abu Dhabi tied to regional escalations threatening peace and security. The UAE separately said it had detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iranian territory against the country, an allegation Tehran has now formally and firmly rejected.

The dispute adds a further complication to an already fraught picture across the Gulf, where the Strait of Hormuz remains largely closed to commercial shipping and diplomatic efforts between Iran and the United States have stalled. With both Abu Dhabi and Tehran now trading direct accusations, the risk of miscommunication or further escalation between two major regional players has increased, even as neither side has presented independently verified evidence of what transpired. Analysts and regional observers will be watching closely for any additional statements from either government, as well as for signs of whether the episode remains contained to a war of words or spills into further action.

Recommended For You

Follow Us on Social Media