SHC denies motion to stay vacation of Moon Garden flats, 24-hour deadline stands

The affectees have been, however, permitted to become party to the case
KARACHI (Dunya News) – Upholding the eviction orders, the Sindh High Court (SHC) on Thursday dismissed the petition of the residents of the Moon Garden flats after terming it inadmissible, Dunya News reported.
The affectees have been, however, permitted to become party to the case.
According to details, a petition had been filed in the Sindh High Court in which the petitioners sought vacation of eviction orders given to the police until the appeal in Supreme Court is finalised.
It was also submitted in the petition that the residents of the flats are living in legally leased flats and therefore, the decision must be reviewed.
A Sindh High Court bench comprising Justice Sajjad Ali Shah termed the petition inadmissible for hearing and dismissed it.
It said the builder has violated the Supreme Court order, adding that if the residents want they can file a fresh appeal tomorrow (Friday) or become party to a case already being heard.
Meanwhile, Dunya News has received documents as per which the foundation of the building was laid in 1998 while the map and the master plan was approved in 2009.
The building was being constructed for ten years and as per the documents, the Cantonment Board had approved maps of project’s Block A and B while the KCE approved the maps of blocks C, D, E and F.
The neighbours said that the authorities allowed the construction proceed at the time despite the fact it was being built on a grabbed land but now there’s no remedy for people who have spent their life savings to purchase flats.
As per a report, as much as 4000 acres of land of the Department of Railways has been illegally occupied. Why didn’t the Railway police and other relevant institutions act against the illegal grabbing at the time? No one seems to have an answer to this question.